Confused about which company to book your next vacation with? Look no further! Given below are companies we use to book our travels – they have always delighted us. Use these to book your trip.
Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links. We may earn a commission if you make a purchase by clicking through them and booking your trip. This will be at no additional cost to you. We use the companies listed here and highly recommend them because they’ve seen us through all our travels. If you would like to support this website, do book your vacation using the links below.
1. AIRBNB: Airbnb is always our first option for accomodation search. Living in quaint homes owned by locals gives you a certain sense of belonging to your travel destination, unlike resorts and hotels. Plus you’ll probably have a kitchen to use, so you can save money by cooking some meals by yourself! Use this a platform to book the perfect home away from home.
2. BOOKING.COM: We switched from the usual MakeMyTrip to Booking.com very early on (especially for international travel). Why? Because of the large number of listings, easy to use interface, no money down policy (pay at property), easy cancellations, easy of getting in touch with the accommodation and our peace of mind! You also get 10%-15% discount, room upgrade options and other travel rewards through their loyalty program.
3. AGODA: Agoda has often has great deals for properties in Asia. Do check out the fares on here before doing any bookings in Asia.
4. HOSTELWORLD: The most comprehensive listing of hostels all over the world and a great interface. And no, hostels are not just for solo travellers. Some hostels also have rooms for two or more with or without an attached bathroom. Great for students, friends, and couples looking for super inexpensive accommodation.
1. SKYSCANNER: We have been using Skyscanner for years to find cheap flight tickets around the world. Especially love features like fly to ‘Everywhere‘ for a dose of inspiration on where to travel, ‘Cheapest Month’ feature to know when to fly to a destination and ‘Price Alert’ to book flights when prices drop.
2. MOMONDO: Momondo is a great Skyscanner alternative. Apparently, it searches websites in different languages so you always find the cheapest flights. So, we always give it a go before booking flights.
3. GOOGLE FLIGHTS: Google Flights does most of what the other websites do and also informs of amenities like availability of power outlets, amount of legroom, in-flight video and Wifi.
4. 12GO: 12GO is a public transport booking website that operates in Sri Lanka, Thailand, India, China, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Japan and New Zealand. It is the only operator in some countries like Sri Lanka for train bookings. Use to book trains, taxis, ferries, busses, flights, and vans!
Tours & Experiences Bookings
1. GET YOUR GUIDE: This is an in-destination tour and experiences booking website. Best bit is that it allows free cancellation till 24 hours prior, reliable 24/7 customer service, and faster access to attractions.
2. VIATOR: Viator has the largest listing of tours, attractions, and private guides we have ever seen. With a presence in 2700 destination, this TripAdvisor company always has you covered. We use this platform when GetYourGuide doesn’t have the tour or attraction ticket we need to pre-book.
3. AIRBNB: Airbnb has unique experiences that you won’t find anywhere else. The best bit is that you can contact the tour host for any questions before you even book. This personal experience is absolutely fantastic!
3. WALKS: As you know we love town and city walks during our travels. Guided walks are educational, enlightening and give you a deep insight into the location. This is a great option to look at when choosing such walks for your destination (especially in Europe).
We never travel without travel insurance as it covers for all the uncertainty that travel brings and gives absolute peace of mind. Travel Insurance typically covers travel accidents, health emergencies (not pre-existing), emergency medical repatriation, checked baggage delay and loss, loss of passport, trip cancellation, trip delay and personal liability. Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance and Religare (covers pre-existing ailments) are some decent travel insurance options in India. World Nomads below is a popular option amongst travellers all over the world.
WORLD NOMADS: World Nomads provides travel insurance to travellers from over 130 countries. What sets them apart is that you can buy and claim online, even after you’ve left home. It even covers a range of adventure sports and activities – something that is nearly always excluded from travel insurances.
India Specific Resources
1. MAKE MY TRIP and GOIBIBO: The first-ever platforms we used for hotel and flight bookings and continue to use till date, especially for bookings in India since the above mentioned international platforms don’t always have enough accommodation listings in small Indian villages and towns. We choose between Indian platforms depending on the bank offers available!
2. CLEARTRIP: Our favourite for redeeming PAYBACK points.
3. REDBUS: There is absolutely no better platform for booking busses in India. With features like ‘Boarding Point Navigation‘, you know exactly where to board, and with ‘Track by Bus‘ you know exactly where your bus is. Redbus is also present in Colombia, Peru, Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia.
4. ZOOMCAR: Our go-to for hiring a self-drive car to go on a road trip anywhere in India. Zoomcar provides 24×7 roadside assistance and damage insurance so you can drive worry free!
Gear Resources - India
3. DECATHLON: There is just no company in India that offers great quality sports gear at such affordable prices. This is the best option for inexpensive hiking, camping, snorkelling, swimming equipment for your trip!